Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Mishaps

I've been skateboarding for about 10 years now. I feel like it's pretty safe to say that I've got a pretty solid understanding of how durable a skateboard should be.

Today's life lesson: Toy store skateboards should not be compared to real skateboards.

My cousin got this sweet mongoose skateboard from wal-mart or somewhere like that. He pulled it out of the package and left it lying on the floor. I decided I would impress everyone with my skills and jumped on it to do a nose manual.

I've broken my fair share of skateboards, but never this quickly. Even in my heyday of skating daily, a skate would last at least a week, but typically about a month. This one didn't even pretend to last. As soon as I jumped on it, it cracked right behind the front truck.

It was a pretty satisfying crack, but it was in front of my entire extended family (about 30 people) and I felt like an idiot.

Danny Wilson, destroyer of Christmas joy.


-Daniel Wilson
megadanny@gmail.com
(email sent via blackberry)