Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Home.

Carlsbad, California

So, where better to start the Mak Travels than where I'm from. Okay, so I'm not really from here. I wasn't born here, I didn't grow up here. I did, however, graduate from high school and have many of my firsts here: first Girlfriend, first kiss, first car, first guitar. Besides, my parents live here.

I don't get to come down here all that often. Usually just for the holidays. The San Diego area is really quite an amazing place. It's thanksgiving week and the ski season just started last weekend. It's been a solid six months since I went snowboarding, but I'm not sure if I should complain or not. For one, I really want to go snowboarding, but obviously I'm far from my home resort in Park City, Utah. On the other hand, however, it's 78 degrees and sunny in the middle of November and I was able to spend a day on the beach, not really a situation to draw many compliants.





It's usually a pretty quiet stay when I come back here, since I didn't grow up here I don't have a ton of friends around, so it gives me a chance to just relax from the rigors of student life and get out on my own a little. I was able to go out and shoot some photos today. It was nice.

No comments: