Monday, November 30, 2009

I just can't stop...

So I have a little problem...

The other day I was perusing the local Barnes and Noble and there was the most soothing and happy music playing over the sound system. I had never heard it before, but it sounded a whole lot like Mr. Ben Gibbard from Death Cab For Cutie and The Postal Service. I thought maybe it was a new album spawned from his genius. Seriously, everything that guy touches is gold (including his fiance).

After a little while a nice lady came over the PA and announced that we were listening to Owl City's new album "Ocean Eyes."

I had heard of these guys (or guy, I should say. It's just one dude) on the interweb, but had never listened to them. I went back to the music section to check it out. It was about $15, so being the cheapskate I am, I went over to FYE and picked it up for $9.99 (No, I didn't download it on limewire, I don't do that anymore.)

Anyway. I can't stop listening to it. It's quickly climbing the charts in my iTunes most played list... If you like happy, slightly cheezy, synth based music with vocals by a guy who sounds a lot like Ben Gibbard, you should check it out.

If you're into Metallica and like to rip the heads off of stuffed animals for fun, well, go listen to it anyway. I might calm you down a bit.